Why Mulch Matters...
Mulch is not just something to do for the sole purpose of enhancing the look of your yard, although it certainly does that. Mulching is the single most important thing you can do for your trees every year for several reasons …
• Suppresses weeds
• Holds in moisture that would quickly evaporate without it
• Regulates soil temperature
• Eliminate competition from grass for water & nutrients
• Helps simulate forest life
• Supports healthy fungi
• Supports tree health
Steps to Adding Mulch Around Your Tree
- Add mulch to the base of your tree by removing any grass within a 3 to 10 foot area depending on the size of your tree.
- Pour natural mulch such as wood chips or bark pieces 2 to 4 inches deep within the circle.
- Keep the mulch from touching the trunk of the tree
Improper mulching causes:
• Trunk rot
• Root rot
• Suffocates roots
• Develops damaging fungi
• Leads to premature tree death
Contact us today for a free courtesy mulch assessments: https://www.princetontreecare.com/#contact